News from Executive Forum of the Lehigh Valley
The Executive Forum of the Lehigh Valley met on September 9, 2018 in the Berks County meeting room within the Sands Bethlehem Casino.
Jim Ebersole with American Red Cross Training Services explained what the American Red Cross is about and the services they offer to individuals and businesses.
American Red Cross Lehigh Valley-Bucks Chapter over the past year has been responsible for responding to and providing assistance for 115 local disasters, and assisting 631 people. They installed 1,209 free lifesaving smoke alarms, collected 17,654 blood donations, provided 932 services for military members, veterans and their families. First Aid Training has been provided for 15,234 people. The pillowcase project has trained 319 students in disaster preparedness.
Don't wait until you need it! Take advantage of The America Red Cross workplace safety, ECC updates, training courses with live simulation, online portal, digital certification, AED training, employee training, lifeguard and babysitter training!
There are 1,200,000 people here to help in their Lehigh, Northampton and Bucks county chapter. This is a local service that can help you in so many ways, don't just bypass it.
There are 40 million injuries reported each year and 300,000 cardiac arrest incidents each year. Those numbers could be lowered with The American Red Cross training.
Check out these statistics. Are you at risk? Do you want to be part of a solution?
- 33% said lives have been saved at home and at the workplace as a result of First Aid, CPR and AED training provided at work.
- 75% said injuries or medical conditions have been treated in the workplace with this training.
- 36% at OSHA-regulated businesses felt it would be valuable to offer training more frequently than every 2 years.
- 55% cannot get First Aid or CPR or AED training from their employer and even if employers do offer this training, it's often either one or the other.
- 50% of all US workers cannot locate the AED at work.
- You do not need to invest that much time in training. When it comes down to learning how to save a life, you can also build camaraderie at the same time! The American Red Cross has reduced their training time by 40% with their simulation training. There are different levels of training to fit your needs. You also have the opportunity to become an instructor or trainer.
Are you prepared to help? Schedule your training today!